Start the conversation here
Over the last year I have developed a few addictions, harmless ones that I can’t seem to shake. I know everyone has their own guilty pleasures so I just wanted to come forth and show mine.
10. Gummy Bears. I don’t know where the obsession started but I can’t seem to get enough of these things. They are so chewy and they eliminated chocolate from my list of guilty pleasures. They are so delicious that I find myself eating 1-2 bags every day.
9. Television. I am completely a TV addict, watching TV for hours at a time. On some days like Monday, I am watching TV all night. I think I need a DVR because I find myself choosing between spending time with friends and family or watching TV. It’s sad to admit but sometimes the inanimate object wins over actual people. One of my favorite things to watch is the documentaries about ancient history on the History Channel. Some of my favorite shows include 90210, Degrassi, Skins and Victorious.
8. Using too much text language. I find it hard to stop doing this at the wrong time. Last year my Literature teacher would always have to put a comment that said, “Do not use text language in formal essays”. I think I even use it sometimes when talking to friends.
7. Hair dye. I am a chronic hair dyer who can’t stop dyeing. Over the last year my hair has been blue, red, black, orange, and light brown. It was even green before. It’s a surprise to me and my friends that I have any hair left.
6. An anime that I watch called Naruto. Anime is basically a form of Japanese cartoons. It’s about a boy who is a ninja with a demon fox inside of him and powers called jutsu. He works on a team with his two friends and other kids that live in their village. They all go on missions to defeat enemies and protect their village.
5. Vampire fiction and mystery books. My favorite vampire books are, of course the Twilight saga and House of Night. I don’t know why the books draw me in but they do maybe it’s because of the theme of forbidden connections between humans and vampires. Mystery books attract me because you can never tell what happens next with a good mystery book. My favorite one is And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
4. Sushi. I love sushi more than I love certain family members. I think I could eat sushi all day, for the rest of my life. My goal is to eat at 100 different sushi bars. My favorite kind is spicy tuna roll.
3. “Random time”. I just get up and do whatever comes to mind. I usually do this with my little brother DJ. It includes bursting out into laughter, making weird noises, talking with accents and much more. It keeps me balanced just to do things that don’t make any sense every once in a while.
2. Colored contact lenses. This is a habit that I picked up recently. It’s just cool to change my eye color every so often. This habit has even rubbed off on one of my friends who now has green eyes. My signature color is blue, but I’ve also had gray, dark blue, and turquoise.
1. Amusement parks. I love amusement parks with a passion. The rides thrill me to no end. The atmosphere screams fun, the lights are energizing, and the games are fun. It’s just all so perfect. If I had a car and could drive I would practically live in an amusement park. My favorite one is Dorney Park and my favorite ride is Steel Force. In the coming summer I will be going to Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia.